Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Week 2 Blues...

Well, it's been a while since I've last posted, and I feel bad for not staying updated.

Last weekend, Anna and I took advantage of my three-day weekend and went up to visit some friends in Seattle. While the week leading up to the trip was a good week for me, the weekend wasn't great (as for my diet). We had a great time, and got a LOT of sleep, which was nice for my body after putting it through two weeks of shock after not working out in like 8 months. The time spent with friends and in Seattle was AWESOME, but the diet, not so much.

For one, we forgot our beloved Nopalea when we went up. Two, I ate and drank things that I have been able to avoid such as drinking soda, alcohol, ice cream, eating out (fried stuff), and not eating regularly. My body was used to having 5 small meals a day, and by 3pm on a normal school day, I typically have 3 meals in and a snack just before workouts. On Saturday, after a bowl of cereal in the morning, we didn't eat again until 4:30...my body was tired, achy, and of course, I overate and ate poorly because I was so hungry.

Nonetheless, I lost exactly 1 pound last week. I guess that's a victory after the bad weekend. The awesome thing was that I broke the 300 pound barrier when I weighed myself on Monday! 299.4! Well, I know this week will be a better week. Although, I found that I've fallen trap to the "body building" rather than the "body reducing" part of the weights workouts. Even some football kids that I haven't seen a ton of lately said that I was looking "swo"...of course that just motivates me to keep lifting hard (I know, it's sad when I let 16 year olds inflate my ego).

Regardless of how heavy I lift, I need to up my cardio, and keep eating right to cut more fat down. A swim tonight, bike ride Saturday, and maybe another bike ride on Sunday will help finish this week strong. I'm going to blog again on Sunday to get me back on track...sorry to all my loyal readers out there! :)

To Health and Wealth!
Aloha,
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment