Sunday, January 3, 2010

In the beginning...

Well, here we are at the start of my journey. I am including for you a few pictures. First, the product...Nopalea. Sounds Hawaiian, but it's not. It got its name from the nopal cactus of the Sonoran Desert, and that cactus, the opuntia, contains betalains, which are what makes this drink different from any other anti-oxidant. If you're interested in trying the product, let me know, and I'll send you a bottle for free.







The next photo is of my messed up knee, the source of many of my health problems. At first, it was scoped, then cut open. The short scar underneath the long one is a puncture the doctor needed to create so he could reach into my knee joint and pull some of the cartilage that was lodged in my knee and was preventing my range of motion. My surgery was done 6 weeks after my injury. During that time, I engaged in aggressive rehab, all while my kneecap was dislocated, and I had cartilage stuck in my knee joint. No wonder rehab wasn't going so well! For the full story on my knee, check out the blog, "The Backstory, Part Deux."










And finally, the last image, my starting weight. Here I am, on palindrome day, 01/02/2010, weighing in at a whopping 304 pounds! If I were to reach my goal of losing 15% of my body weight, I should be somewhere between 255 and 260 by the end of the year. That'll be a good weight for me. I can make 260 look sexy...
Looking at this picture, I think if I cut off one of my big toes, I'd lose a quick 5 pounds right off the bat...

To health and wealth!

Aloha,
Isaac

1 comment:

  1. so excited for you, isaac. its fun to read your blog and see what you're up to. we're headed back to japan on wednesday for another five months. we'll deliver the twins there, ray will play out the rest of the season, and we'll be back home in june! anyhow, best to you and all the awesome things you set your mind to for 2010!!
    www.sarahandrayschafer.blogspot.com

    sarah schafer

    ReplyDelete